Have you ever lost your wallet or ever had any nightmares about it? After losing it and searching for it for hours and lodging a complaint to the police, did you find it? What was your first thought after facing this kind of disappointment? You might have thought about how good it would be if you could track your wallet. If you could track down your wallet with essential cards and cash, you wouldn’t have to run here and there to find it. Fortunately, with the advancement of tracking technology, a tracking device for wallets has been developed.
Wallets are of several types: traditional, classical, leather, and bifold. Even if you put the tracking device into a traditional wallet, there are high chances of losing it. So, a wallet needs to be customized and specially designed to hold the air tracker nicely to avoid the fallout of the device. This kind of modernized wallet is called an “AirTag Wallet.” It has a designated holder to hold the airtag device.
This article presents a detailed description of the airtag wallet. It covers the following points of the topic-
- What is AirTag Wallet?
- Things to consider before purchasing an airtag wallet.
- How does it work?
- Exclusive Features.
- What are its benefits?
What is AirTag Wallet?
AirTag Wallet is a modified version of the traditional wallet with a built-in pocket to tuck the AirTag tracker. It is a new product in the category of accessories. Therefore, there are limited versions of this kind of wallet. The soul of the wallet is the airtag tracking device. AirTag is a small coin-sized gadget specialized for tracking. It can be placed inside any object, like a wallet, purse, key, remote, or sunglasses.
Usually, it is paired with the smartphone through Bluetooth connectivity. By connecting the airtag with your smartphone, you can locate the position of the object having the airtag. The phone locates the airtag, and by default, the object it is placed gets tracked.
Things to consider before purchasing AirTag Wallet
The wallet is the most crucial thing for a person traveling outside to a restaurant, shopping, or grocery store. Just like traditional wallets, the AirTag wallets are also simple to use. It is a modified version of traditional wallets having a slim structure, pocket-friendly design, a bifold or trifold form factor, and, most importantly, a dedicated pocket for keeping the airtag. However, there are certain things that the customer should consider before buying this kind of wallet-
- Dedicated pocket or slot for AirTag: The main crucial feature of an AirTag wallet is a well-dedicated pocket or a unique holder for keeping the AirTag tracking device. It should be firm. No matter how much the wallet is shaken or moved, there should not be any probability of losing the tracking device. Once the device is inserted in the dedicated pocket of the wallet, it should not come out quickly. The chances of the fall-off of the device should be null. The wallet must have a well-built pocket for keeping the device.
- Capacity: The first thing a person should consider before buying the airtag wallet is the capacity of the wallet. Irrespective of the slim or bulky nature, the wallet should have sufficient space for holding the cards and cash. It should be large enough with multiple pockets and inserts to satisfy the owner’s needs.
- Layout: Although the wallet should be large enough, it should be manageable. It should have an aesthetic design to fit perfectly into the pocket of trousers, jeans, or purses. The wallets should be slim with a streamlined style. Generally, men prefer wallets with a minimalist design. They want a wallet that can suit the front pockets of their shirts or t-shirts. However, women prefer wallets with a beautiful design that looks beautiful to carry around. A bifold wallet is a preferable choice for today’s generation.
- Material: The airtag wallets must be made of a genuine material like leather, faux leather, or a combination of both. Not only it looks great, but it is highly durable. It offers excellent longevity and resistance to minor wear and tears. Faux leather is cheaper than authentic leather, but both confer a premium look to the wallet. However, some wallets are comparatively cheaper than leather wallets because they are made of materials like plastic or polyester.
- Security: The airtag wallets have a classical feature of RFID blockage. It helps to keep the RFID-enabled cards safe and secured. (Note: RFID refers to Radio Frequency Identification. With the help of RFID, the information on RFID cards can be duplicated. It is a form of wireless identity theft.)
How does it work?
The airtag wallet works with the help of the airtag device. The fundamental unit of this wallet is the AirTag tracking device. It provides a smooth way to track the wallet with the help of Bluetooth connectivity and a smartphone. The device sends a secure Bluetooth signal that your smartphone can detect. It can be seen on the map of your smartphone’s cloud feature and connectivity status. The entire process of tracking and locating the device is anonymous. It has end-to-end encryption, which is fully secured. It protects the owner’s privacy and does not consume much battery and internet data.
The airtag gets its energy through the battery installed inside it. The life of the battery depends on sounds and a precision-finding system. Unlike smartphones, the battery of the airtag is not rechargeable. The owner needs to replace the battery after the battery drains out completely. However, its life depends on its usage and environmental conditions. It has a good resistance against water and dust. All of the features are tested in laboratory conditions.
Misplacing your wallet will not be a big hassle anymore. Because the airtag device fitted into your wallet will help you to relocate its position within a few seconds. Some of the exclusive features of a wallet with an airtag are-
- Ping in to find the wallet– The smartphone has the unique feature of producing a ping-in sound if the airtag is nearby. A louder sound will indicate that the airtag is nearby, whereas a slower or dimmer sound will indicate that the position of the airtag is a bit far. You need to follow the sound on the built-in speaker of your smartphone. This will simplify your search process.
- Precision Finding– This is the most accurate method to find your wallet quickly. Your smartphone’s screen will show an accurate distance and correct direction toward the airtag wallet. For example- six feet to your right or four feet to your left. This method is possible with the help of ultra-wideband technology.
- Protection– You must be wondering why there are multiple smartphones worldwide. What will happen if somebody else connects their smartphone to your airtag wallet? Well, you do not have to worry about this. But they can detect the airtag but cannot connect it directly. With the help of advanced technology, the preconnected air tag cannot be re-connected with another smartphone if the previous connection is not disabled by the owner. Therefore, you can still find it safely even if you lose or misplace your airtag wallet far behind or in crowded places. It is specially designed to protect the privacy of the owner at every single step.
- Lost Mode– The airtag wallet can be put into “Lost Mode.” If another device detects the wallet in the same network, you will automatically get a notification. Suppose the other person (who found your airtag wallet) connects your airtag wallet with a smartphone having Near Field Communication (NFC). In that case, he will get your contact information to return your wallet.
- Privacy- Securing the owner’s privacy and wallet is one of the manufacturers’ priorities. The best part is that nobody other than you can see the location of your airtag. The data of personal information like location, travel history, bank details, phone numbers, etc., are never stored in the airtag. The location data is completely secured through advanced encryption software.
- No Unwanted Tracking-This is one of the major concerns of new buyers. Thankfully, the device is uniquely designed with the help of advanced technology that does not allow unwanted tracking. Even if somebody else tries to track your airtag wallet, you will automatically get the alert signal regarding this. If somebody is following you or trying to connect your wallet, the airtag will start playing a pinging sound. This alert is also played on the device when the owner separates from his airtag wallet.
What are its benefits?
The best thing about the wallet with an airtag is that it can be tracked easily because the owners will never lose it again. Other than this, there are several other advantages of a wallet with an airtag. The benefits are-
- Retrieve the stolen or lost wallet– The airtag wallet confers an extra security layer to your precious cash and cards. There are multiple exclusive features of his wallet, with the help of which you can locate the last location of your wallet using the tracking data.
- Straightforward operating system– The wallet with this tracking device needs a single-step setup to connect with the smartphone. You can set and enter a name for your airtag and then attach or insert it into the wallet. You can also get the notification on the smartwatches with your smartphone.
- Long life of the battery– The airtag wallets are specially designed with good battery life. On average, the standard battery can provide service continuously for more than a year. It will work smoothly for around twelve to fourteen months. The life of the battery depends upon how many times you use the ping sound feature and the accurate precision feature to locate the airtag wallet with the help of your smartphone. Once the battery comes near the end, it automatically pops a notification to your smartphone regarding it. Thus, it lets you know when to purchase a new battery for your airtag wallet.
- Waterproof– Water acts as the most dangerous risk factor for electronic gadgets. The “waterproof” tag on the gadgets is the first thing customers observe. Thankfully, the airtag wallet has enough resistance to water and moisture. You will be able to locate the position (location) of your wallet having the airtag, even if you drop it into a pool of water. It can tolerate splash and water up to a maximum depth of one meter for thirty minutes. The wallet made up of leather, faux leather, plastic, or polyester confers waterproof quality. It will secure the cards and cash from getting wet in the water.
- Well built- The airtag wallets are equipped with a sliding pop-up cardholder. This provides easy access to different kinds of credit cards according to the owner’s needs. The folded inner compartments can hold two to three cards along with many currencies note (cash). They use an aluminum alloy frame that prevents wear and tear. They perfectly fit into pocket jeans and jackets.
The airtag wallets are specially designed to hold the airtag device in its perfectly built pocket to prevent any fallout. It adds technical support to the wallet because it becomes trackable after putting the airtag in it. It protects the wallet with the help of advanced technology. The U1 chip plays a crucial role in tracking the exact location (exact position) of the airtag wallet. Their tracking range depends on the type of model and the date of release of the wallets having airtag.
The latest models generally have a more excellent tracking range than the older ones. You can locate the position of your wallet according to the tracking data collected by the U1 chip. Using airtag wallets, you will get many exclusive features like precise tracking, accurate directions, safety, privacy, long battery life, separation alerts, and many other exciting things.
Add a Comment